The new CSSMap plugin’s website has been released with the fifth version of the script. Hand coded WordPress theme has been designed to work in all modern web browsers and it’s fully responsive. It’s powered by WordPress and using Easy Digital Downloads plugin to distribute downloads.
The CSSMap plugin
CSS and jQuery interactive maps
The fifth version of the CSS & jQuery clickable maps previously available on the Winston_Wolf’s website.
The script converts a simple list of regions into fully responsive interactive map using the well known CSS sprites and works in all modern web browsers.
The first clickable map has been made in June, 2009 and used pure CSS style sheets with image sprites. The markup has been terrible, so later on, I wrote simple jQuery script that allows to simplify the code. Over the years the script has been developed and enriched with new features.
- allows to select / activate one or more regions,
- show and hide any informations assigned to each region,
- place markers over the map,
- responsiveness – may fit width and height of the browser window or map’s container,
- touch devices and mobile browsers support,
- accessible – allows to navigate over the map using keyboard,
- form support – allows to fill in any input field or convert list of regions into select dropdown menu,
- printable list of regions,
- editable layered .PSD source files,
- visual options generator.
Get CSSMap plugin